Download Kingpin’s guide to improving your sales and marketing strategy with account based marketing (ABM). Including:
- The 4 key stages on the road to ABM success
- Real-world case-study challenges
- Tactics and results
- Key market data on ABM
To generate “part” qualified contacts from IT Security Decision Makers from Mid Market and Enterprise organisations across EMEA, for prospecting activities.
To implement a range of outbound promotional programs aimed at the target audiences across the specified regions that will deliver “guaranteed” responses through content syndication programmes.
- 2700 RESPONSES – delivered across 16 countries all of which came from companies with 250+ employees.
- 100% CONTACTS – converting to MQLs, the highest source across all EMEA programmes.
- 22.3% RESPONSES – converting to Sales Accepted Leads (SALs), resulting on the lowest cost per conversion activity for the EMEA team.
- 280% ONGOING PROGRAMME – for 3 years delivering in excess of 280% ROI from spend.
To shift perception of Sage as a book-keeping software supplier to small businesses. Raise awareness of its ERP solutions to Line of Business and senior management in larger companies. Generate direct responses from new audiences.
Understand the buying process for ERP solutions within Enterprise organisations.
Create content specific to job functions, in association with leading publishers.
Dominate niche audiences with tailored messaging. Build on increased awareness to generate leads.
- 4 MILLION CONTACTS reached via online impressions, print circulation and events registration.
- 3363 LEADS via outbound and inbound lead generation tactics. Active responses to specific and relevant Sage messaging.
- 9 PIECES OF ORIGINAL EDITORIAL CONTENT relevant to vertical audiences with Sage brand. Ongoing content marketing through Mobile app.
- Plus – subsequent market research project resulting from this campaign to understand the buyer better, their pain points and purchase motivations.
Shift commercial focus of Microsoft Visual Studio away from larger accounts to ‘breadth’ market. Raise awareness and generate pipeline from new and existing customers. Ensure high conversion from pipeline via partner network. Attribute ROI to any marketing activity.
- Design and implement a Partner Demand Generation Engine
- Identify best partners to support engine
- Supplement partner data with third party data purchase
- Generate warm leads via online white paper downloads
- Nurture all marketing leads. Set up in-bound hotline
- 2.5 YEARS CAMPAIGN EXTENSION from 12 months to 2.5 years, due to levels of service, quality of pipeline and partner insight delivered.
- 900 LEADS generated in year 1 with optimised conversion rates at each stage – up to 20% for trial downloads and 100% for inbound calls. £500K pipeline.
- 7:1 ROI GOAL set by Microsoft was met within the first 12 months.
- Plus – We provided effective grading and performance metrics for chosen partners. Increased partner satisfaction and ROI as programme progressed.
- Plus – High levels of client satisfaction – we were perceived as an invaluable extended resource to the small marketing team.
To better understand the different buyer types, From CIO to developer within the IT decision-making process. Use this insight to create compelling and engaging messages that will resonate within each audience type, thus increase the effectiveness of Microsoft’s IT audience marketing.
- Conduct in-depth market analysis and research of all IT decision-makers and influencers.
- Interpret key profile information to develop clear segmentation and communication plan across the whole IT decision maker and developer audience.
- Present in an innovative, clear and easy-to-communicate model that is both relevant and workable across Microsoft.
- INSIGHT – Our research provided invaluable insight into buyer personas and needs. Effective language and communication styles.
- MARKETING – Microsoft bought into the Star Wars theme and presentation of each persona. Shifted to a role-based versus product-based marketing approach
- Plus – This survey and approach won a Marketing Week Engage Award, with judges’ comments including: “This is a really new approach – using biometric research to better understand your audience”… “Inspired”… “so clever we wish we had thought of it ourselves”.